My official site TankingNexus.com is up! Make sure to bookmark my new site now!
Check out my Kel Voreth guide with tanking in mind!
My In-depth Tanking Comparison guide is up! Comparison Guide
Stephen Frost must be laughing hard now that we see buffs to Stormtalon’s Lair dungeon. (see: https://twitter.com/StephanFrost/status/463005512066281472)
Dungeons Stormtalon’s Lair
o Thundercall Storm-Weaver, Sentinel Shaman: Increased AA damage.
o Thundercall Sentinel: Increased damage of Shockwave.
o Changed Lightning Storm to cast for 2.25s, and then no longer channel while the bolts go out.
o Increased Stormtalon’s health to 225k.
o Veteran version of Lightning Storm now begins creating bolts as soon as the spell begins.
Normal mode sees a buff to the Base Population mobs, Thundercall Storm-Weaver and Sentinel, Auto-attack damage or “AA.” Shockwave is the Sentinels aoe telegraph he uses just after he jumps into the air (which can be interrupted). The final boss, Stormtalon himself, gets a boost to his health in normal mode to 225,000 up from 170,000.
**In my opinion the Storm-weaver and Sentinel were fairly week compared to the rest of the Base Population and needed the buff. Stormtalon was also the easiest boss, and as the final boss this did seem upsetting. I’m excited to get back in there to fight him again!
Looks like warriors are finally seeing some love as we see the other classes getting nerfed.
- Now has an increased Threat Generation buff during the Tank Stance, up from 25% to 100%
To clarify “Bulwark” is the buff you gain from using the tanking stance innate, this mean as long as you stay in the tanking stance while using this 10 second buff it will be 100% additional threat. You can keep the buff (but only with the 25% increase to threat) by switching to the dps stance, but this is mostly for pvp and very situational circumstances. Hopefully this will be that threat fix warriors are looking for.
- The Tier 4+ second press no longer requires 20 Suit Power before it can be used.
- Fixed a bug on Tier 3 that caused it to have a lower cooldown than intended.
- Now increases Deflect Chance instead of being a forced action.
- Reduced the base Deflect Chance to 35%, down from 60%.
- Base Deflect Tier upgrade reduced to 2.5%, down from 5%.
- Suit Power gained on Deflect increased to 20, up from 15.
- Tier upgrade reduced to + 1.5% Support Power per Tier, down from 2.5% .
- Tier 8 upgrade reduced to 1 Suit Power per tick, down from 2.
-Nano Skin now has a minor 1 second cooldown.
Small buff to Nano Field, this should let you use the 2nd press one more time if you’re spamming nano field. Steadfast met with a huge nerf; base deflect down to 35% and every tier upgrade deflect down to 2.5% is huge, more suit power gained on deflect is a small buff in comparison to what it’s losing. Whiplash losing 1% support power per tier and less suit power with the T8 upgrade is going to be minimal nerf to stalker dps, threat, and survivability.
- Taunt Duration is now 4 seconds, down from 8.
- Now applies first tick at the half second mark, and no longer at the start of the channel.
- 6.59 damage per level, up from 5.79.
- 20.82% Support Power, up from 18.25%.
- 2.11% Support Power per tier, up from 1.8%.
- Tier 8 Bonus
- Armor Reduction is now 20%, down from 47.5%.
- Duration is now 0.55s to slightly overlap tick time of the channel, down from 3s.
- Threat Modifier is now 25%, down from 60%.
Bruiser bot’s taunt lasting shorter means that he’s not going to able to tank for you as long. Particle Ejector is receiving a small dps buff however its T8 armor buff is being greatly reduced. Not only is it down to 20% but because of the shorter duration it will only stack for .05 seconds. the AMP Enmity taking a huge loss of threat here, this used to be ~39% threat per minute bonus now down to ~16.5% per minute.
http://mmobuff.tv/blog/use-so-you-want-do-dungeon This guy goes along with what I’ve been saying about the dungeons. You can’t just walk in there expecting to play wak-a-mole and earn fat loots. Your going to want some strategy and planning!
My detailed Stormtalon’s Lair guide is UP! I’ve laid out some tips and tricks for taking and general great strategies for this challenging level twenty dungeon! https://tankingnexus.wordpress.com/dungeon-tank-guides/